Custom Release Bearings
Helix Autosport supply both hydraulic and mechanical bearings.
Reasons for manufacturing bespoke bearings:
- Remove Historic Carbon thrust bearings and upgrading to modern ball type.
- Modifying the diameter & face of the bearing to be used with a multi-plate racing clutch.
- Match an unusual engine and gearbox combination.
- To change the engagement point of the clutch.
Supply a bearing which is no longer available.
Racing Bearing sizes:
Manufactured from high quality, steel caged, radius contact, ball bearing with a fulcrum diameter of :-
- 48 to 50mm for a clutch diameter of 140mm
- 48 to 54mm for a clutch diameter of 184mm
52 to 54mm for a clutch diameter of 200mm & 215mm
The release bearing should be positioned so that the bearing is not in contact with the diaphragm spring fingers when the clutch is fully engaged.
It is also IMPORTANT that bearing travel is limited to a set distance, otherwise damage can occur to the diaphragm spring; travel can be limited by means of an external stop.
Ball Races available:
|Part No||Dimension A||Dimension B||Dimension C||Dimension D|
NOTE: For the fitment of 184mm clutches to BMW vehicles special bearings are available:
- 43-3002 for gearboxes with a 28mm x 10teeth spline
- 43-3003 for gearboxes with a 28mm x 22teeth spline
- 43-3004 for gearboxes with a 35mm x 10teeth spline